Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random thoughts.....

Was really looking forward to my Master's swim this morning, it would have been a huge help if I had actually checked the Master's swim schedule first! Turns out Masters does not swim at 7am on Tuesdays! Ugggg! Wound up swimming alone. Muscles were a bit sore, so I made a deal with myself that I only needed to swim 2000 yards and then I could hit the hot-tub.

I got my distance in and then while in the hot-tub, 2 guys get in. Keep in mind that as a participant in triathlon, specifically long distance, a lot of men shave their legs. Both of these guys did not subscribe to the shaving way of life. Anyway, for some reason...maybe it was low blood sugar, but I kept having these images of their leg hair floating away in the hot-tub and me getting tangled up in it! Yes, gross! So of course, I got out immediately......and now I don't think I will be making a journey back to the hot-tub for some time.

Later in the morning I went to my Computrainer class. I call it my 90-minute sweat-fest. As I'm driving over there is a woman in her car on the side of the road smoking, eating french fries and chatting on the phone. I was reminded of fortunate I am to not only have the ability to train, but the drive to push myself as well. Accepting that I am responsible for my health.

As I drive by, another random thought......if at this very moment someone was to take your picture and capture your life in one photo, would you really want to be sucking down french fries and smoking? I'm not making judgments, but it made me think more about how we spend our days. The next time I find myself in front of the tv or wasting time online, I will think of someone taking my picture and think "if this were to be the last photo taken of me, is this my legacy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment