Monday, July 19, 2010

Slacker....but good excuse!

I have really been slacking on updating my training here...not that too many people are really following, lol :)

In June I wound up in a stupid bike crash. I was on a beach cruiser, without a helmet on (yep that's the stupid part) and crashed. Road rash on my shoulder and legs, goose-egg on my head and fractured ribs. OUCH! There is nothing that can be done with ribs, just time for healing. Everything was painful! Getting in and out of bed would take 10 minutes, lots of cursing and plenty of tears. It was over 2 weeks until I could even reach my arm above my head!

Swimming and running were out of the question. I was still doing my CompuTrainer classes as the thought of hitting a bump on the open road while on my bike made me cringe.

Training is back in full swing with Vineman less than 2 weeks away. I am worried about finishing this race due to the loss of training time. I'm hopeful in what I lack in training, I can compensate with my determination to cross the finish line.

This idea of racing 3 Ironmans this season stemmed from the love of my family, my triathlon addiction and wanting to make a difference. It would be easy to opt out of Vineman, I have an excuse......but seeing my idea through and not quitting is so much more important to me. I'm not fighting anything as brutal as cancer, I'm just fighting to get to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment